Operational Director for emergencies coordination
Director: Luigi D'Angelo
The Office of the Operational Director for Emergency Coordination:
- coordinates, with the operations rooms, the monitoring of information from the territory, in conjunction with the components and operational structures of the National Service;
- in support of the action of the Head of the Department coordinates the operational response of the National Service and directs that of the Department in emergency situations;
- ensures the coordination of the Crisis Unit of the Department;
- coordinates the preparation and the implementation of the guidelines for the planning of emergencies and exercises, as well as operational models and intervention for the management of emergencies and exercises on the national and international level;
- supports the activity of the Operational Committee of Civil Protection;
- manages the participation of the Department in the 'Interministerial Nucleus Situation and Planning
- coordinates activities aimed at the preparation of guidelines and criteria for the application of measures to assist the population in case of emergency.
The Office is divided into:
Manager: Paola Pagliara
The Civil Protection Planning and Exercise Activities Service deals with:
- collection, monitoring and sharing of information on civil protection emergency planning;
- design, programming and implementation of civil protection planning of national importance and of guidelines for civil protection planning at different territorial levels;
- design, planning and implementation of national and international exercises of civil protection and development of organizational models and procedures of training activities of territorial level, by determining, the modalities of participation and intervention of the Department.
Manager: David Fabi
The operational support in emergency is responsible for
- development of organizational models and intervention procedures for the operational response of the Department in emergency situations;
- support in the activities of emergency management, including support for the organization of the departmental structure in Italy and abroad
- support to the activities of the Operational Committee of Civil Protection;
- elaboration of organizational models and intervention procedures for the activities of assistance to the population in emergency situations, with particular reference to the definition and organization of measures of housing assistance to the population such as hotels camp structures and other similar forms of assistance.
Manager: Stefano Lelio Grilli
Sala situazione Italia and Operations Centre for Maritime Emergencies:
- elaborates organizational models and procedures for the SISTEMA functioning at the Italia Situation Room and for the National Service of civil protection operative structures' integration.
- collects, monitors and shares information on emergency situations;
- activates the operational response of the Department in emergency situations;
- evaluates the crises after sea pollution events, giving support for rescuing wrecks in case of declaration of the state of emergency. It also monitors rescue activities in the event of accidents at sea, through the Operations Centre for Maritime Emergencies (COEMM).
Manager: Michele Buccolo
Joint Air Operations Centre – COAU:
- develop organizational models and procedures for the use of State fleet aircraft in aerial forest firefighting;
- designs, plans and implements the aeronautical activities of National Service interest through the operational use of aircraft in case of emergency or for further Department's needs or for other needs of the Department in Italy or abroad;
- collects, monitors and shares information and data of aeronautical interest.
Manager: Valeria Silvestri
Mobility and essential services:
- develop organisational models and procedures for the exchange of information and data with operators of mobility infrastructure and services of national interest, as well as for "activation of them in emergency situations;
- designs, plans and implements activities aimed at ensuring the continuity or the restoration of the functioning of the essential service mobility infrastructure;
- participates in the activities of the National Coordination Centre in matter of viability operating within the Ministry of the Interior.