Head of Department
Head of Department: Fabrizio Curcio
Functions: The Head of Department ensures the direction, coordination and control of the activities of the Civil Protection Department. Under the direct authority of the Head of Department operate: the Deputy Head of Department; the Press Office of the Department; the Secretarial Service of the Head of Department; the Legal and Legislative Activity Service; two first level managers with consultancy, study and research tasks.
Under the direct authority of the Head of Department, there are:
Manager: Head of Department references remain valid
Phone:Head of Department references remain valid
The service deals with:
- activities concerning the institutional relations of the Head of Department;
- the document management of the Department and the elaboration of organizational models and procedures;
- design, planning and implementation of technical and operational support to the institutional activity of the Head of Department, including through the acquisition of elements produced by the Offices and Services useful for the coordinated development of documents and reports,
- support to the activities of the Joint Committee State-Regions-Local Authorities and other bodies of discussion and collaboration between the State, Regions and local authorities for civil protection issues;
- NATO-EU control point activities.
Manager: Giulia Temperini
The Service deals with:
- relations with national bodies responsible for international cooperation actions, with European and international bodies and with individual states in the field of civil protection;
- relations with the Emergency Response Coordination Centre (ERCC) of the European Commission and elaboration of organizational models and procedures for the participation of the National Service in the European response capacity;
- participation in the formation of the regulatory process at European level and activities related to the Solidarity Fund of the European Union;
- design, planning and implementation of the Department's activities related to the management of European structural investment funds.
Manager: Nicoletta Giuliani
The Service deals with:
- design, programming and implementation of tools for the process of strategic planning and monitoring of the Department and for the mapping of activities and the articulation of internal processes;
- development of organizational models and procedures for the organization of the Department's staff, aimed at enhancing professionalism and attitudes, consistent with the priorities of strategic planning;
- design, planning and implementation of activities aimed at ensuring transparency and prevention of corruption in the administrative action of the Department;
- management of the evaluation system application;
- relations with the Office of Internal Control of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers for activities relating to strategic planning, management evaluation, transparency and prevention of corruption and monitoring.
Manager: Pierfrancesco Demilito
The Office deals with:
- Media Relations;
- gathering, monitoring and sharing of press agencies, tele-radio newspaper services, television and radio broadcasts, and the realization of the daily and periodical press release;
- participation in the design, planning and implementation of the Department's institutional communication strategies;
- management of the Department's social pages.
The Organizational Unit, set up pursuant the Prime Minister's Decree of July 30, 2021 and Decree of the Secretary General of November 9, 2021, is competent in the NRRP-related tasks in the investment area of the Department of Civil Protection and performs the following functions:
a) management coordination;
b) monitoring of the implementation of interventions;
c) reporting and monitoring of interventions.
In carrying out these activities, the Organizational Unit shall ensure the liaison of the Department of Civil Protection with the Mission Unit established in the Office of the Secretary General of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers by the Decree of the President of the Council of Ministers July 30, 2021.
Top executive with consulting, study and research duties: Head of Department references remain valid
Phone: Head of Department references remain valid
email: Head of Department references remain valid
The Head of the Department in the exercise of its functions is supported by a top manager with advisory duties, study and research.