Earthquake in Emilia-Romagna and Lombardy
On 2 June,, woth an ordinance of the Head of the Civil Protection Department, the Di.coma.C- Command and Control Headquarters, is set up in Bologna, in order to coordinate rescue and assistance activities in the regions affected by the 20 and 29 May earthquakes.
Wit the establishment of the Di.Coma.C, the coordination of components and operating structures of the National Service of Civil Protection to support the Head of Department is transferred in the region mostly hit by the seismic events, also in view of the future takeover of the emergency. Structures of Emilia Romagna Region are an integral part of it.
Foreshocks in Emilia and Lombardy provinces, already hit by the magnitude 5,9 at 4.04 a.m. of 20 May, go on. In particular, on 29 May at 9 a.m., another earthquake of magnitude 5,.8 occurred in the province of Modena di magnitudo with epicentre among Medolla, Mirandola and Cavezzo. Various foreshocks affected also the provinces of Reggio Emilia and Mantova, among which a magnitude 5,3 one at 12.55 p.m.
Following these events, the Council of Ministers declared the state of emergency on 22 May for the Provinces of Modena, Ferrara, Bologna and Mantova, with a duration of 60 days. The Head of the Civil Protection Department manages the interventions. Afterwards, Emila-Romagna and Lombardy will take over, each for the territories of their competence.
On 30 May the state of emergency is extended to the Provinces of Reggio Emilia and Rovigo.
This section describes the activation of the National Service of Civil Protection from 20 May: the first interventions, assistance to the population, safety checks and monitoring activity coordinated by the Head of the Civil Protection Department. The page of deployed forces is updated periodically.
- 20 May 2012 earthquake
- Activation of the National Service of Civil Protection
- Assistance in the first 48 hours
- Assistance to the population
- Figures of the emergency
- Damage assessments
- Monitoring activities of the Civil Protection Department
- Effects of the earthquake: geographical distribution of the macroseismic intensity
- Domande e risposte
- Information diffusion activities
- March 8, 2013 - Emilia earthquake: “A day to say thanks” in Bologna
The Head of Department intervenes along with local authorities
- December 11, 2012 - Emilia, Lombardy and Veneto donations: first meeting of the Garantors
Three projects presented by the Regions were approved
- October 24, 2012 - Terremoto Emilia: online il terzo rapporto “Strong motion dataset”
Il dataset delle forme d’onda dei terremoti con magnitudo maggiore di 4.5 registrati dalla Ran
- Ocdpc n. 42 del 24 gennaio 2013: ulteriori disposizioni urgenti relative agli eventi sismici di maggio 2012 nelle Province di Bologna, Modena, Ferrara, Reggio Emilia, Mantova e Rovigo
- Ocdpc n. 29 del 7 dicembre 2012: Ulteriori disposizioni urgenti relative agli eventi sismici che hanno colpito il territorio delle province di Bologna, Modena, Ferrara, Reggio-Emilia, Mantova e Rovigo nel mese di maggio 2012
- Deliberazione Cdm del 16 ottobre 2012: disposizioni per i Commissari per la ricostruzione nelle zone colpite dal sisma nel maggio 2012 di derogare alle disposizioni su smaltimento di rocce da scavo
- October 18, 2012 - SMS solidali: Individuati i progetti da finanziare in favore popolazioni colpite dai sismi del 20 e 29 maggio
- September 14, 2012 - Sms solidale: istituito comitato dei garanti per donazioni terremoto
- August 2, 2012 - Terremoto: la gestione dell’emergenza passa ai Presidenti di Regione