Hydro-meteorological and hydraulic risk
The terms hydro-meteorological and hydraulic risk are used to identify the phenomena triggered by “unfavourable weather conditions” and the effective or potential damage caused by waters in general, be they surface, in liquid or solid form, or underground.
The most typical examples of hydrogeological phenomena comprise thunderstorms, winds and sea storms, fog, snow and ice, heat waves, landslides, floods, coastal erosion, subsidence and avalanches.
The hydro-meteorological and hydraulic risk is strongly influenced also by man’s actions. Density of population, the ever- progressing urbanization, abandonment of mountain areas, unauthorized buildings, continuous deforestation, the use of non eco-friendly agricultural techniques and the missing maintenance and upkeep of river beds and slopes have definitely worsened the hydrogeological instability and highlighted the fragility of our territory.
Centro Funzionale Centrale
The Central Functional Centre for weather-hydrogeological risk is provided for by the 27 February 2004 Directive. It carries out monitoring and surveillance activities of both weather-hydrogeological and hydraulic events and their effects on the territory.
- November 27, 2013 - Emergenza maltempo in Sardegna: nominato il Commissario delegato
Si chiudono le attività del Comitato Operativo, riunito in seduta permanente dal 18 novembre
- November 25, 2013 - Filippine: proseguono le attività del team italiano
Sono circa 400 i pazienti trattati nel Posto Medico Avanzato (PMA) installato nella periferia di Burauen
- November 21, 2013 - Bad weather in Sardinia: the Operational Committee gathers
Olbia and Nuoro are the most affected provinces.
View all news
- March 5, 2014 - Maltempo: ancora allerta temporali al Sud
Fino a venerdì condizioni di spiccata instabilità al centro-sud
- March 4, 2014 - Maltempo: allerta temporali al Sud e nelle Isole
Criticità arancione in Emilia Romagna e nelle regioni meridionali
- March 1, 2014 - Maltempo: prosegue allerta piogge al centro-sud
Criticità arancione per la Campania
View all press releases