The Budget 2011 of the Civil Protection Department
For the year 2011 to the Civil Protection Department has allocated resources for a total of € 1,897,972,867, under Law No 221, December 13, 2010 "State Budget for the financial year 2011 and for the years 2011-2013."
By virtue of Article 6, paragraph 21 of Decree-Law No. 78, May 31, 2010, enacted into law, with amendments, by. 1, paragraph 1, of Law 122, July 30, 2010, cost reductions have been made for a total of € 3,193,527, which will be repaid to the state budget.
The sum available to the Department on 1 January 2011 is € 1.894.779.340.
Resources are directed to the following areas:
- € 1.197.593.000 (approximately 63% of the total) allocated for the payment of installments on loans taken out by the regions to fund projects to rebuild and repair the damage caused by major natural disasters that have occurred in recent years and the 'organization of the "Big Events";
- € 68,418,500 (approximately 4% of total) for actions authorized by legislation and identified as "targeted funds";
- € 350,000,000 (approximately 18% of the total) for the financing of reconstruction in the region Abruzzo provided by art. 14, paragraph 5 of Decree-Law No. Ratified by Law No. 39/2009 77/2009;
- € 145,100,000 (or approximately 8% of total) for the Fund for the prevention of seismic risk provisions of art. 11, paragraph 1 of Decree-Law No. 39/2009;
- € 30,000,000 (approximately 2% of the total) for the payment of annual rent of the Acerra incinerator, pursuant to art. 7, paragraph 6 of Decree-Law No. 195/2009);
- 103,667,840 (approximately 5% of the total) for the institutional activities of prevention and forecasting of emergencies and for running costs of the Civil Protection Department and identified as a "Fund for Civil Protection.
- The sum of € 350,000,000 is for the Deputy Commissioner - President of the Abruzzo Region for funding assistance for reconstruction in Abruzzo (Article 14, paragraph 5 of Decree Law No 39 of 2009).
The comparison between the resources allocated for the financial year 2011 and funds of 2010 shows that:
- the amount of resources available decreases to about 12% compared to the level of 2010, due to cutbacks by the various legislative measures to curb public spending;
- the amount of "funds designed" is reduced of about 75% from the year 2010 following the cessation of specific expenditure authorizations;
- the resources allocated to the Fund for the civil protection are reduced of more than 56% over the 2010 budget.